Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Back in the town without a horse..........it left ages ago for the bright lights and the big city!

Been back in this town for a little over a week now, and nothing has happened……absolutely nothing!
I haven’t even been to Ikea in nearly two weeks, but then again as the flat no longer really resembles what we moved into in terms of décor may be I don’t need to pop down there for a while..although I’m not 100% sure on that – may have to make my task for tomorrow morning a thorough review of the catalogue. (That’s an hour knocked off my day)

So let’s see the highlight of the last week… sharing a rotisserie chicken with my husband with a beer that he had bought from the garage just a five minute walk away (false dawn there – no way would the Swiss so openly condone drink-driving, and yes my husband needs more French lessons, sans alcool, means just that no-alcohol!!) But to be fair the chicken was amazingly good and a treat to have so much meat in one meal….and hey isn’t it good not to get a hangover after sharing a case of beer??

I was browsing the local paper the other morning (yes another attempt to put off the pile of ironing that I have now moved into the living room in an attempt to goad myself into switching the iron on) when I spotted a job advertisement that blew me away.


There is a small property firm in Geneva on the look out for a bi-lingual secretary…not all that exciting you may be thinking, and then I read on, they want a very particular type of person to apply for the job. And guess what she must be between the ages of 40 and 50 – you’d never get away with that in the UK now would you? What about all those bi-lingual men with great audio typing skills who are just desperate to work in and estate agency in Geneva and who just happen to have turned 52 last birthday?

Probably not committing Hari-Kari with a swiss army knife it would seem….a helpful site all about swiss army knives specifically points out that you shouldn’t “use Swiss Army Knives to hurt people. It’s illegal and highly antisocial to do so and the blade would probably break too.” So there you go perhaps why the Swiss decided not to get involved in conflicts…armed with knives that break when you try to hurt someone with them, would you?

No comments: